Durga puja the biggest festival of Bengalis and probably of eastern India. Hopefully this year the number of Durga puja pandel will increase further and the festival becoming more glittering. For the year 2011 lets check where we can go to see Durga puja in Bangalore.
1. Bengalee Association Durga Puja Gaytri Vihar, Palace grounds (near Mekhri circle)
Official website: http://www.bengaleeassociation.org
2. Jayamahal Sarbojanin Durga puja Organized by Jayamahal Ladies Club
3. RT Nagar Durga Puja Organized by RT Nagar Sarbajanin Durga Puja Samiti Patel’s Inn
Venue : VINAYAK MANDIR (1ST Floor),
Opp. F.M. Silk/Odyssy
(Beside R. T. Nagar Post Office)
R. T. Nagar Main Road
4. Sarjapur Durga Puja Organized by Sarjapur Outer Ring Road Bengalee Association Total Mall, Outer Ring Road
5. Socio-Cultural Association Indiranagar, Defence Colony Playground, 6th Main, between Indiranagar 100ft Rd and 80 ft Rd.
5. Sarathi Forum, Koramangala, Munureddy Kalayan Mantap, 80 ft Rd, 6th Block, Koramangala
6. Probashi Association, Malleswaram Canara Union Hall 8th Main, 13th Cross, Malleshwaram
6. South Bangalore Cultural Association, J.P.Nagar Puja, opp.to Bannerghata Road Shopper’s Stop.
7. Whitefield Cultural Association, Chetan Building Besides Whitefield police station, close to Nilgiris.
8. Antaranga Bengali Cultural Association, Sanjay Nagar puja. Its Sanay Nagar Main Rd through Ganganahalli, close to Food World.
9. Banaswadi Bengali Cultural Union, Sitaram Kalan Mantap, Banaswadi Main Road, Near Uttam Sagar
10. Murugeshpalya (Air Force) Wind Tunnel Road
11. Air Force Command Hospital, Near Ulsoor
12. Munekolal Marathahalli Durga Puja. Near Marathahalli Bridge.
13. Kagadaspura Durga Puja, 29th Cross, Janajeeva Nest, near SCT College
14. Mangala Kalyana Mantapa. 80 ft Road (opp. Ganesha Temple) 8th Block. Koramangala. Bangalore. 560095
15. Bengali in Bangalore
Aicoboo Residents Welfare Association Ground
Opp to Udupi garden (BTM) behind Bharat Petroleum Pump
Btm Layout 2nd Stage
Bangalore – 560076.
Check an account of my visit to Bengalee Association Durga Puja at Palace grounds in 2010.